Munich Open 2015
Munich Open 2015
- Munich Open 2015
- 14.05.2015 17.00 - 17.05.2015 22.00
- Hotel Vitalis - München
- WBA Events
Munich is proud to welcome you back from 14th to 17th of May 2015.
The new dates of the "4th Munich Open" have been carefully chosen to allow international travellers to hop to Munich after the London Open and to enjoy one of the best seasons for sightseeing in the world´s beer capital.
The venue will be, as usual, the Vitalis Hotel****, offering a special backgammon rate, including breakfast and wifi. Centrally located, it´s close to the Olympic Park and in the vibrant disctrict of Schwabing with cafes, bars and restaurants. Public transportation will take you quickly anywhere.
The Munich Open is a World Backgammon Association (WBA) event. Every match of the Elite Group will count for the WBA Point Race ranking list 2015 and the winner being crowned in 2016, as well as for the German National Ranking. Like all other WBA tournaments, all divisions will enjoy the new and improved T-Swiss Format (out after 3 losses in a Swiss format) and an Ultimate Fight (Last Chance) on Sunday. Various side-events are lined up on top.
Additional benefits are awaiting participants of the 4th Munich Open.
Start making travel plans to compete against your backgammon friends from all over the world and to join Backgammon Giants "Mochy" (2014) and "Michi" (2013) on the winners´ list of this tournament.
Elite Group: 380 € entry + 70 € registration / optional side-pool 150 €(95% return) / 9 point matches, T-Swiss Format, clock mandatory.
Leisure Group: 150 € entry + 50 € registration / optional side-pool 50 € (90% return) / 7 points matches, T-Swiss Format, clock preference.
Doubles: 250 € per team (80% return), 7 points, single elimination, clocked. SpeedGammon: 25 € (80% return), re-entries allowed, 5 points, time setting: 2 min. total bank time + 10 sec. per move.
Mini-Jackpots (4 players): 25 €, 50 €, 100 € available during all weekend.
- All participants of the main event in Munich will be eligible to play at WBA ’s Innsbruck Open (4-7 June 2015) without payment of a registration fee in the main event (not transferrable, not refundable).
- Winner of the Munich Open 2015 will have a free hotel room (3 nights, single room) during Innsbruck Open 2015 from 4-7 June 2015 (not transferrable, not refundable).
- All participants of the Munich Open 2015 will be eligible to attend the traditional ”Free Beer Awards Ceremony”.
- All matches of the Main Event will count towards the WBA-Ranking and the German National Ranking.
|Brochure Munich Open 2015|
Hotel Vitalis**** is located in the lively district of Schwabing, with cafés, bars, restaurants within walking distance. The hotel is also very close to the olympic parc. Public transportation is within a minute reach. Taxi from central railway station (Hauptbahnhof) to the hotel is around 15 €.
Special "backgammon" rate: 85€ / night single and 95 € / night double, including breakfast and internet. Please book before 30th April 2015.